Returning A Faulty Item
Step 1: Contact Anitom
If a product develops a fault, the first step is to call the Anitom team or send a message on our live chat or via the contact page.
You will then be put through to a product specialist in the field of your item. The product specialist will ask you a few questions and troubleshoot the fault to see if it can be fixed without being returned.
Step 2: Troubleshoot
- Check the manufacturer’s product website for known issues.
- Check the item’s instruction manual for a troubleshooting section.
- Check for visible marks which may suggest the item has been damaged.
- Where applicable, ensure you have the latest drivers & software downloaded for hardware.
- If an item works on a power supply or batteries, try using it on battery power only – the power supply itself may be at fault.
- Remember not to use excessive force, or open items to try and repair them yourself. You will invalidate your warranty!
Step 3: File a Return
If you are unable to resolve the problem yourself, and you wish to return goods under the 14 day refund policy, then please fill in our contact form with a request. An Anitom representative will get back to you soon after you have submitted your returns request.
Please remember to take the name of any members of staff you have talked to about your repair, and give us as much information as possible about the condition of your item. This will help us to complete your repair as fast as possible.
Step 4: Post-Claim
You will be given a reference number which you should quote whenever contacting us about your repair. Depending on the nature of the repair, your item will be inspected in house and, if necessary, sent back to the manufacturer or to a company specialising in the repair of your product. Your item will be repaired or exchanged as they see fit. We will contact you to let you know when your repair is ready, and organise for you to collect your item, or for us to deliver your item to you.
If your item develops a fault within the first 30 days of purchase, we will do our best to exchange your item as soon as possible. Typically, all other repairs take 2-3 weeks. Exceptions to this turnaround time apply for certain manufacturers, and you will be advised of any extended lead times on repairs.
If your item is within its warranty period, you will not have to pay to have your item collected, repaired and delivered back to you. If your item is outside of its warranty period, charges for parts, labour and delivery will apply. We will advise you of any charges before going ahead with your repair.
Returning or Exchanging Unwanted Items
Step 1: Time-Frame to Return / Exchange Item(s)
- Items purchased at Anitom can be returned for a full refund if you contact us within 14 calendar days of receiving your item, provided that the item is returned undamaged and in a condition that indicates you have subjected it to normal use only. Items should be returned as they were originally packaged as far as is possible.
Step 2: Conditions
- Items ordered especially at a customer’s request may be returned or exchanged at the manager’s discretion only.
- Items where there may be a hygiene concern if the product is used (e.g. microphones and earphones) may only be returned/exchanged if the packaging is factory sealed and unopened.
- We reserve the right to offer only a partial refund if the goods you are returning have been damaged, devalued or used otherwise in accordance to what would be deemed reasonable, normal use.
Step 3: Delivery Charges
Please note, unless your item is faulty, you will be liable for any delivery costs associated with your return/exchange.
Where orders incur a delivery charge, we will only refund you the cost of a standard delivery service for that item. We cannot refund any additional charges that you opt to pay to get a premium delivery service at the point of ordering (e.g. Saturday delivery).
We cannot refund the original delivery cost for International orders outside of the EU.
Step 4: File a Return / Exchange
The fastest way to arrange a return or exchange is to bring the item to the Anitom store with your receipt, or contact us by telephone or email quoting your order number.
Refunds and exchanges will be processed within 14 calendar days of us receiving your returned item(s).
All items purchased new from Anitom OOD come with a 12 month warranty against manufacturer defects. Additionally, many manufacturers offer extended warranties with their products. Please read the documentation that comes with your product regarding warranties as most manufacturers require you to register your product in order to make warranty claims.